Support for Parents & Carers
SENDIASS Camden operates in accordance with the provisions of the Children and Families Act 2014 and associated Special educational needs and disability code of practice 2015 and the national Quality standards for impartial Information Advice and Support Services.
We offer resources and information about the law on special educational needs and disability which includes;
education, health and social care
national and local policy
the Local Offer
your opportunities to participate
where you can find help and advice
- how you can access support.
Who we can help
- Parents/carers of children with special educational needs or a disability, with or without a diagnosis, statement or Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
- Children under 16 and Young People aged 16 – 25 who have a statement, EHC plan or are undergoing an EHC Needs Assessment.
- Anyone who needs help or advice regarding SEN support or the EHC Needs Assessment.
- Anyone who needs information, advice or support about bullying, exclusion, disability discrimination and transport.
How we help
- Providing a confidential helpline.
- Verbal and written information and advice on rights and responsibilities.
- Help to complete forms and understand complex documents and reports.
- Providing information sessions and training.
- Support at meetings – including school, local authority and professional staff.
- Support in resolving disagreements, including mediation and appeals to the First-tier of the SEN and Disability Tribunal.
- Signposting children, young people and parents/carers to alternative and additional sources of advice, information and support that may be available locally or nationally.
- Making children, young people and parents/carers aware of the local authority’s services for resolving disagreements and for mediation, and the routes of appeal and complaint on matters relating to SEN and disability.
- Providing advocacy as necessary.
- Providing a support group for parents/carers.
For further information please see our leaflet for details.